Careers at Clarke & Son
Corporate & Commercial Solicitor
We are looking for the right individual to join our Corporate & Commercial team. You will be playing a key role of the development of the department and dealing with a broad mix of work including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, shareholders’ agreements, LLP and partnership matters and commercial contracts including sale of goods and services, IT and IP, and data protection.
The department also provides insolvency services included sales and purchases from administrators and liquidators. It is essential that you are a confident networker as well as technically excellent and that you enjoy supervising and developing more junior members of the team.
- 4 years PQE
- Some IP knowledge preferrable
- Confident networker with the ability to build your own client base
- Leadership and management qualities to help develop junior members of the team
- Generous holiday allowance
- Additional birthday day off
- Commission for any introductions of new clients
- Home working
- Staff pension scheme
- Paycare health plan
Wills & Estate Planning Paralegal
Clarke & Son is a highly regarded full-service law firm. Although traditionally a high street practice, we have an expanding and ambitious team that has developed a client base covering the South of England and London.
We are looking for a highly motivated paralegal to join our Wills & Estate Planning team. The main key duties of the role are but not limited to, drafting simple wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, maintaining, and building relationships with our clients and dealing with correspondence, calls and file administration. The role will involve supporting the Partner Directors within the department and helping to manage the caseload.
You will be enthusiastic about Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney and you will pay strong attention to detail. You will also be able to adapt to situations and prioritise work to deadlines.
It is essential that you have an interest in networking and business development, in order to support growth in the department, as well as the technical ability to build your knowledge and legal experience. Training will be provided.
In addition, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills as the role will require working with several other professionals, including financial advisers, wealth managers and tax advisers. You will also be liaising with other teams within Clarke & Son who may be involved in certain transactions as well as working on developing cross referrals within the teams.
We are very proud of the client base the firm has developed. We believe this role to be an exciting position suited for an ambitious paralegal looking to progress their career.
- Paralegal experience preferred
- Knowledge of Wills, Probate and LPA work preferred, but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident communicator with an interest in business development
- Additional birthday day off
- Commission for any introductions of new clients to the firm
- Staff Pension Scheme
- Paycare Health Plan
Corporate & Commercial Paralegal
- To work in conjunction with the other members of the Corporate and Commercial team in dealing with the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial workload in particular undertaking tasks such as:
- Assisting on company disposals and acquisitions by:
- Assisting with the compiling of/ reviewing due diligence information and responses;
- Data room management;
- Reviewing transaction documents;
- Producing, reducing and amending ancillary documents such as board minutes and resolutions, resignation letters, stock transfer forms, indemnities for lost share certificates;
- Copying and scanning documents;
- Preparing transaction bibles;
- Reviewing and proofreading corporate and commercial documents including shareholders’ agreements, commercial contracts, agency and distribution agreements;
- Company secretarial duties and completing Companies House forms and filings;
- Drafting Board Minutes and Resolutions;
- Attending meetings and calls with other members of the team and taking and writing up notes;
- Legal research;
- Corresponding with clients, other members of the corporate team (and, if necessary, other departments working on matters), accountants and other professional advisers and contacts;
- Making trademark applications;
- Opening files, compiling client ID and other secretarial duties to assist Pauline Wilkinson and cover annual leave.
- Engage in active marketing of the Department including attending events, writing blogs etc
- To attend as required departmental meetings
- Marketing – promoting own department, engaging in initiatives of the firm
- Training – self – Professional, I.T. and other training requested by the Partners.
- Remain up to date with any quality initiative promoted by the Law Society
- Carry out other tasks commensurate with position as a paralegal or as are reasonably requested by the Partners
- Engage in the promotion of the Corporate Commercial, Commercial Real Estate and employment departments and of the firm generally.
- Engage in any initiatives or activities as reasonably requested by the Partners in relation to the marketing of the services of the firm generally
- Generally promote the reputation of the firm.
Please fill in your details, with a cover message and attached your CV and one of the team will get back to you.
No agencies please.
Which job are you interested in?