Will & Inheritance Disputes
At Clarke & Son, we understand that it is an extremely difficult time when someone dies and you do not agree with the way an estate is being administered. We have experienced solicitors on hand to guide you through your options.
We regularly see in the press details of claims arising from a disputed Will or in cases where there is no Will at all. This is very distressing for the parties and very expensive.
The best method of avoiding such disputes is, in the first instance, to have a carefully prepared Will. Our solicitors can help deal with this.
However, if a problem arises where either you or another party are disputing any part of a Will or there are claims that a Will or the rules of intestacy (which apply when there is no Will) fail to make sufficient provision for a beneficiary then we can help in dealing with any claim whether it is acting for an executor or a third party seeking to make a challenge or the other beneficiaries.
This is a complex area of law and there can be strict time limits. If you are concerned that you need further advice then let us know as soon as possible.
Book an Appointment
Our Dispute Resolution team are on hand to assist with a range of will and inheritance dispute enquiries, get in touch to book an appointment.
Will & Inheritance Dispute Services
It is an extremely difficult time when someone dies and you do not agree with the way an estate is being administered.
We offer a free initial consultation to discuss a number of issues people face when dealing with estates including:
- A feeling you have not been adequately provided for by a loved one/someone you depended on
- A feeling a Will is invalid as the Deceased made it under duress
- A feeling a Will is invalid as the Deceased did not know what they were doing
- You have been informed someone wants to make an Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975 claim
- There is a dispute between the personal representatives
- There is a trustee dispute
- There is an issue concerning the validity of a Will
These are merely an example of the types of issues that can give rise to an inheritance dispute. There are many more and if you want to have a chat to see whether you need legal support please come and meet with one of our Specialists.