Divorce and Dissolution
Divorce, dissolution or separation can be very stressful. You should make sure you have all the information and support you need. There will be many issues to consider and resolve not least of which include sorting out the finances and arrangements for the children. This can become additional stresses during this time.
Divorce follows a chronological process with various forms being completed and sent to court. We can help you with this and will explain exactly what is required. Just as with divorce, there is a particular legal process for ending a civil partnership – often known as civil partnership dissolution.
We can also help you with
- Financial settlements and spousal maintenance
- Child maintenance
- Child residence
- Commencing or responding to formal divorce proceedings based upon unreasonable behaviour, adultery, desertion or periods of separation based upon two or five years — the five facts that can prove the irretrievable breakdown of a marriage.
- Defending formal divorce proceedings based upon the five facts above
- Jurisdictional issues
- Religious divorces, including obtaining an Islamic talak or a Jewish gett
- Annulments of marriages
- Less formal separation arrangements including the drafting of separation agreements
- Less formal judicial separation proceedings
If you have a query or would like to book an appointment please get in touch with our team on 01256 320555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Family Department
Family Law Solicitor