Lasting Powers of Attorney for Health & Welfare
A Lasting Powers of Attorney for Health and Welfare is a document that you sign while you are able. This is instructing your attorney to help you make decisions with regards to your health and welfare should the need arise. You do need to be mentally incapable of making such decisions for yourself. It may be that you will need help such as:
- Where you should live and who you should live with
- Your day to day care, including diet and dress
- Who you may have contact with
- Consent to or refusing medical examination and treatment on your behalf
- Arrangements needed for medical, dental or optical treatment
- Assessments for and provision of community care services
- Whether you should take part in social activities, leisure activities, education or training
- Your correspondence and papers
- Rights of access to personal information about you ; or
- Complaints about your care or treatment.
The process of making this Lasting Powers of Attorney includes a meeting with one of our Specialists to take your instructions and to guide you through the legal requirements of the forms. We can also advise you on options.
If you have a query or would like to book an appointment please get in touch with our team on 01256 320555 or email email@example.com.
Wills and Estate Planning Partner
Wills and Estate Planning Solicitor