I studied for my LLB Law degree at The University of Winchester and graduated in 2018. I completed my Legal Practice Course at the University of Law Guildford, achieving a distinction. I then joined Clarke & Son as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2019 to carry out my training contract and completed my qualification as a Solicitor in September 2021.
I assist my clients with all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. My work involves a wide range of employment issues, including terms & conditions of employment, termination of contracts & dismissals, transfer of undertakings on acquisition & disposal of businesses and restructuring & redundancies. I also deal with drafting and negotiating settlement agreements on behalf of both employers and employees.
I am a member of the Employment Lawyer’s Association.
Employment highlights include:
- Assisting a large hospitality corporate client with successfully defending an unfair dismissal claim where the employee wrongly claimed they had not resigned from the company;
- Advising several corporate clients in relation to their obligations to employees when selling and purchasing businesses;
- Significantly reducing compensation awarded in an unfair dismissal claim due to the conduct of the employee;
- Assisting an individual in overturning a finding of gross misconduct within internal disciplinary proceedings and achieving a favourable outcome; and
- Negotiating and drafting terms of a directors service contract for an incoming CEO on behalf of a drinks brand and working with the inhouse legal team of a supermarket chain.
I also advise and assist on all aspects of alcohol and entertainment licensing for premises from bars, pubs and restaurants to event spaces and new developments. I support my clients with applying for and obtaining new premises licences and dealing with any variations to existing licences.
Further, I also work closely with our Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Real Estate teams assisting with any licensing issues that arise during transactions including the sale or purchase of licenced premises and advising in respect of any license obligations contained within a property lease.
Outside of my employment and licensing work, I also assist my business clients with a range of commercial disputes. I have developed extensive experience with Companies House and Companies Act 2006 applications specifically in connection with company restorations, applications to amend company registers and Director personal prosecutions for failing to file company documentation with Companies House.
When I am not at work, I enjoy watching all kinds of sport and socialising with family and friends. I am currently a season ticket holder at Southampton Football Club travelling all over the country following the team and experiencing all the pain that comes with supporting the Saints!